Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer
John Heuts, Manager SQA:
“SQA is the Quality link between several parties as design engineering, process engineering, production, purchase and the supplier. More and more it will become the coming years a main competence for assuring quality! It is an exciting and challenging job within Power-Packer.’’
For our SQA Department in Oldenzaal, we are looking for a dedicated and ambitious:
Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer
Your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Active role in (re)sourcing-decisions.
- Support and lead supplier-development.
- Provide ongoing support to supplier’s quality-, cost- and delivery-objectives.
- Review new designs & drawings and verify the feasibility of suppliers.
- Manage suppliers through the APQP-process for new components and/or new processes, resulting in smooth transition of APQP-data into PPAP-submission.
- Conduct supplier process/product-assessments on a scheduled routine, in order to provide ongoing quality assurance, and in order to analyze supplier’s capabilities.
- Initiate and monitor supplier process/product-improvements and cost reductions.
- Organize management reviews and system/process/product audits.
- Support the Supplier Control department in case of problem solving for supplier issues.
What do we expect from you?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technics/Business administration.
- Several years’ experience within Quality-Engineering in Automotive.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of production processes.
- Relevant experience in supplier quality management in Automotive Industry, preferably in Hydraulics.
- Rich experience in quality tools as APQP / PPAP / FMEA / SPC / 8D / 5W / MSA. • Auditing skills.
- Good communication and negotiation skills; fluently or native speaking English; German is a plus.
- Experience with ISO9001, ISO/TS16949 and VDA-6.3.
- Experience with MS Office.
- Experience with training and coaching of suppliers.
- Willing to travel abroad (supplier visits).
Choose opportunity – choose Power Packer!
Power-Packer, with headquarters in Oldenzaal, The Netherlands, is a market leader in motion control systems. Power-Packer supplies specialized high-quality products, which include the development and manufacturing of (electro) hydraulic actuation systems for a large number of applications in the automotive, truck, marine, agriculture and medical market. Power-Packer develops, assembles and markets actuation systems for customers on a global basis including OEM’s and Tier 1’s in diverse end-markets.
Moreover, Power-Packer is part of the US based corporation Actuant (NYSE listing; ATU). Actuant is a growing company active in a diverse range of industrial markets with locations in more than 30 countries and 5.500 employees worldwide. Our business model is based on Growth and Innovation in Emerging Markets and New Vertical markets. Like Actuant, we are constantly looking for new growth opportunities and innovations. Furthermore, we operate under a strong financial model focused on cash flow and profitability.
Power-Packer Europe is responsible for the business units: Power-Packer, Sanlo, Gits and Yvel. Power-Packer markets served include: Automotive, Truck, Medical, Marine, Special Vehicles & Equipment. Power-Packer has locations in The Netherlands, France, Turkey, India, China, Brazil, Mexico and United States and has more than 1.000 employees.
If you’re looking for a unique, exciting career with variety and potential for growth, Power Packer offers challenges & extraordinary rewards for people on a global scale. We offer a pleasant working atmosphere; Fun and Pride are part of our core principles! With a can do attitude and open minded culture we create an environment where people can realize their full potential!
Are you interested?
Acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated.