Marcel Nieuwenhuis, Engineering Manager Commercial Vehicles:
Today’s business environment requires constant innovation for enabling our growth objectives as a supplier for Truck OEM’s and adjacent markets. Our engineering job is to have a good understanding of the market and customer needs, translating these into new solutions, adding value for the customer. Building strong relationships and bringing conceptual solutions to the “table” is essential for demonstrating our competencies as a niche player in the commercial vehicle market. To strengthen our leading market position we are looking for a “proactive” driven lead engineer to join our commercial vehicle engineering team.
Within the Commercial Vehicles market group the Lead engineer is the first point of contact for our customers on all technical issues during a project. You will lead and supervise engineers in all stages of development during projects. The hydraulic systems for these programs will be developed in the 'center of excellence' in Oldenzaal, the Netherlands and produced in various locations (The Netherlands, France, India, China and Brazil). Our customers include the leading truck manufacturers; Scania, Volvo, DAF and Iveco.
Your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Plan, execute and monitor projects within the engineering department
- Develop and review product and process specifications with customers, suppliers, team members and stakeholders.
- Develop design concepts with your team, taking into account timing, costs and quality
- Manage and execute the design process with his team, is responsible for prototype build and testing according validation plans.
- Discusses and defines engineering changes with customers, suppliers and internal stakeholders. Implements these changes with his team and releases the designs.
- Makes sure the output of his team meets quality and engineering standards. Considered competent in making technical decisions and trade-offs;
- Provides professional support and guidance to colleagues on a regular basis in order to contribute to the development of their knowledge, skills and quality of execution.
What do we expect from you?
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering (Technical background)
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Advanced experience with (Automotive-like) quality standards such as APQP, ISO-TS etc.
- Excellent communication skills in English and preferably in German, both written and verbal
- Team player, able to work in multidisciplinary projects teams
- Knowledge of CAD tools (SolidWorks)
- Knowledge and experience with other engineering tools, such as simulation/modelling, design and calculation tools, FMEA and 8D.
- Experience in a multidisciplinary and international environment
- Good commercial skills
- Good leadership and people skills
Are you interested?
Acquisition is not appreciated!