Robert Koloc, Manager Strategic Purchase:
“The mission of this position will be to ensure continuously improving results from key suppliers and to develop high potential suppliers. Power-Packer is aiming to grow the next years through organic growth, entering new markets and acquisitions. The ambition is to double the annual turnover in the next five years. The Strategic Purchaser will play an important role in reaching these ambitious targets by developing and executing a sourcing plan that supports the strategic goals of Power-Packer EMEA.’’
For our Purchasing Department in Oldenzaal, we are looking for a dedicated and ambitious:
Your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Strategically and tactically lead and optimize a supplier portfolio within multiple (electro) mechanical article groups.
- Collaborate closely with our technology-partners.
- Maintain supplier relationships in order to drive cost reductions while continuously achieving the highest level of quality.
- Search for and identify globally oriented technology suppliers through market research (desk and field research).
- Identify, initiate and execute (integral) cost reduction projects.
- Initiate and coordinate timely supplier involvement in New Product Development in order to tap supplier innovation.
- Coordinating between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers.
- Forecasting price trends and their impact on future activities.
What do we expect from you?
- Bachelor or Master‘s degree in Engineering or Economics,
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a purchaser in international (technical commercial) organizations,
- Nevi I and II, or similar,
- Abilities to develop excellent working relationship with both internal and external customers as well as suppliers.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set
- Technical understanding of assigned article groups. (Ability to read engineering blueprints or any relevant technical documents.
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills and quick understanding of complex organizations, figures and interfaces.
- A strong strategic thinking capability and ability to quickly adapt to changing business needs,
- Capable of leading and operating in international cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication and strong negotiation skills,
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is a must, additional language skills, especially German or Dutch, are an advantage,
- Willingness to travel (mainly within Europe). (20%).
Choose opportunity – choose Power Packer!
Power-Packer, with headquarters in Oldenzaal, The Netherlands, is a market leader in motion control systems. Power-Packer supplies specialized high-quality products, which include the development and manufacturing of (electro) hydraulic actuation systems for a large number of applications in the automotive, truck, marine, agriculture and medical market. Power-Packer develops, assembles and markets actuation systems for customers on a global basis including OEM’s and Tier 1’s in diverse end-markets.
Moreover, Power-Packer is part of the US based corporation Actuant (NYSE listing; ATU). Actuant is a growing company active in a diverse range of industrial markets with locations in more than 30 countries and 5.500 employees worldwide. Our business model is based on Growth and Innovation in Emerging Markets and New Vertical markets. Like Actuant, we are constantly looking for new growth opportunities and innovations. Furthermore, we operate under a strong financial model focused on cash flow and profitability.
Power-Packer Europe is responsible for the business units: Power-Packer, Sanlo, Gits and Yvel. Power-Packer markets served include: Automotive, Truck, Medical, Marine, Special Vehicles & Equipment. Power-Packer has locations in The Netherlands, France, Turkey, India, China, Brazil, Mexico and United States and has more than 1.000 employees.
If you’re looking for a unique, exciting career with variety and potential for growth, Power Packer offers challenges & extraordinary rewards for people on a global scale. We offer a pleasant working atmosphere; Fun and Pride are part of our core principles! With a can do attitude and open minded culture we create an environment where people can realize their full potential!
Are you interested?
Acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated.